Wednesday, June 22, 2011

TR II: Playing without NRaas Story Progression

Most mods have been updated for Generations, but somehow I still have the "dig through" not collecting scraps problem, and it's clear to me it's Twallan's Story Progression after many tests. But Twallan says it's working in his game, so I really don't know what to do now. Collecting scraps is a major source of income for most of my Twinbrook Redux denizens, but I rely on NRaas SP for recurring money transfer to pay employee wages and collect taxes, and to keep my "tax man" out of story progression. I haven't played without NRaas SP for a long time, but I decide to try and see how it goes with just Awesome SP. If somebody can make a recurring money transfer mod, it will be great.



After making the tax man "Sacred" (hope it works), I decide to play Motoki first to get him started with gardening.

NRaas SP is the reason I can see all the sims on map tags. Without it, I see very few of them, so it's a challenge to keep up with where everyone is. But at the same time, it's a more "natural" play, I think. I will also miss the "household accounting", which I used all the time. I also don't think I'll have collectors being pushed to collect that much.


I edited the world in CAW to divide that one big lot into several small ones, since this kiosk will be a food shop and owned by someone.


The stylist station is also on a separate lot now, since I realized the lot has to be zoned as a "salon" in order to have the "stylist" jobs available. Also I realized Twallan's "The Register" prevents the game from assigning residents to the stylist station and other registers (and generates new sims instead), I took the mod out for the time being, until this option is added to "The Register". Twallan said it's on "the list".


I know the career system will now be very different from NRaas SP.  I keep having "so and so failed executing work", because there are no jobs. Luckily, Jay Fade is pushed by Awesome SP to be a writer. I'm going to buy him a scribbling pad as soon as he has the fund, unless he can be pushed to use the computer in the junk yard shed. If he does well, I guess he won't need to tend the register any more, hopefully.


Lorelei is pushed to practice writing on the computer in the shed, even though she's not a writer. Nice!


Ellatrue is decided by Awesome to be a lesbian and has been hitting on women around town. And just FYI, they then proceeded to woohoo in the shower next to the shed, on their own. And since it's a community lot, both of them strut around afterwards, which is pretty amusing, a first for me. They then strutted all the way to the front of the junk yard, and started pillow fighting. I need a mod to kill this.


Second writer: Snow Bawl.


Third writer: Rohina.

At this point, I found out every household got $500 in their family funds, and I don't know why. So I exited without saving. Errrrrrrrrgggg!


I went back to the last save, and this time Lorele's practice writing was dropped from her queue, just in time for Ellatrue to hit on her. They proceeded to woohoo in the shower as well.


But this time around, Rhayden came and they hit it off right away. They proceeded to woohoo in the shower, too, TWICE! To Rhayden, it's a "one night stand". But when I checked Gwill, it's a "one night stand" to her as well. So no harm, no foul. I hope I can find out what the problem is, because I'd like to keep this save.

I kept an eye to their family funds, and it happened at 12 am, only to inactive families, not the active family. I put in NRaas SP in before midnight, hoping to then check their household accounting, but the $500 didn't happen.

Back to stupid mod testing. Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. The 500 is annoying, it's an EA thing and awesome doesn't kill it for some reason, I guess we could suggest it to Pescado. It only happens to families with less than 500§, I guess EA is trying to keep everybody from dying from hunger or something.

    Currently I write down a household's family funds, if it's below 500, so I can familyfund it back when I return to the family on the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I thought it's a Awesome bug and reported to MATY (because Twallan SP doesn't have it). But now I know what it is, I have a temporary solution, in case it doesn't get fixed.

    I also narrowed down to Twallan SP-Expanded to be the problem for the scraps issue. Hope it can be duplicated and Twallan has a fix for it. Either way (Awesome Story Driver or Twallan SP without expanded), only active family can collect scraps. And it's a problem for my game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ani, AwesomeMod fixed the 500 problem now.

    ReplyDelete