Wednesday, June 8, 2011

TR I: Year 4 (Part I)

Party time!


She barely knew them, but they were all the (positive) contacts she had, and both gladly accepted the party invite. Who would refuse the free autumn salad and a chance to be invited to the first shack in the neighborhood?


Another shotgun marriage, Tiger Lilley and the lab technician. What's a lab technician? I don't have a science building.


Zazazu had a baby boy named Danny. I wonder if the SP lets her take the stylist job.


The second collector that was able to "build" a shack was Lei Hwang (downloaded from www.holysimoly.com, the site is down at the moment. I don't know how long it has been down).


What's happening? They autonomously do this? Eevilcat is a busker. If it's the other way around, I would have just made Zazazu take the job.


Fair Light doesn't approve.



Business as usual at the vegetable stand.


High heels? I don't think so.


OMG, he's made over.
Kutto: "A little more muscles would be nice too."
The treasury person: "I'll pay you when I get money...... maybe from you".


Another happy makeover. It turns out makeovers done this way don't stick. Oh wells.


Myskaal and Snow Bawl start to fight a lot. But the latest I've heard, Snow Bawl is pregnant again.


Eevilcat and the firefighter NPC tied the knot. I haven't heard any baby news. But I did hear that she has another "romantic interest" in the neighborhood.


The third collector that was able to put a roof over her head was Solowren Gregg.


Mildly Disguised moved in with boyfriend Kutto.


Tiger Lilley gave birth to a baby girl, Connie.


I had an idea to have somebody buy some lettuce, make salads, and then sell them for profit, and the rest of the town would love to have a big plate of salad ready to eat, instead of having to make it themselves or roast it every time. Eevilcat's husband Daron (formerly firefighter NPC) is the only eligible natural cook, so Eevilcat moved him in, and obtained a $500 loan from Reggikko to buy things necessary for him to make salads and let Motoki sell them. Instead of keeping track of such a small loan every week, I decided that Eevilcat will pay back $1000 total whenever they can. Reggikko is slowed down in working towards a shack, but $500 extra sounds like a good deal.


It almost worked. The only problem is the salad is priced at $130/plate at Motoki's shop. I'll have to ask Ani about her mod.

Stay tuned for Part II.

5 comments:

  1. I like the salon shack, and nice to see your Sims are shacking up, so they can ditch the tent town.

    Yep, the food sold through the mod is a bit on the expensive side, but with normal game-play, 130§ is not much because Sims earn money way too easy. If I remember correctly (not currently on the computer where I have the codes), the price gets up when the quality of the food gets up.

    If you want I can modify the mod so that you can assign yourself how much food costs. I don't remember did this mod require code changes when I updated for Generation, so if you are not patched up with the Generation patch, it might not work. Or it might, we can always just try and see.

    You can always try out the newest version of this mod on MTS if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I put the new version in, and I don't think it's working for the old patch level. No "shop from inventory" menu any more.

    Being able to assign the price for things will be great! *Love and hugs*

    ...Wait, it is working. Your download version is working, but when I changed the XML (, and ), no "shop from inventory" menu. Strange, isn't it? I changed the XML in your previous version, and it works fine. *Pulling my hair out* As I understand, without SimInventory value="True", inactives won't buy autonomously even though I have Awesome Mod, right?

    I can't wait to use the new food register functions to replace the food truck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The XML changes are:
    SimInventory value="True"
    CustomerPrecentage value="90"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I asked the question in the mod thread.

    I just tested a little bit, and because of the incompatible patch level I think, the food register is not working fully. Actives or inactive who's called to meal get permanently stuck with the buy food action, and do not move. Canceling out the action doesn't solve the problem. Resetsim sends them back to home, but still they do not move.

    Since my patch level is less than what the mod requires, I'll just put this question here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want the salad business to work, so I think I'm going to patch my game, test, and sort through CC and get ready. Oh fun. :)

    ReplyDelete