Friday, June 10, 2011

Upgrading to Generations

I had been resisting getting Generations, but finally I gave in. Lo and behold, it fixed the no collecting scraps problem. Yay! I'm a very happy camper.

Giving flowers is cute. My sim was in the central park, and her boyfriend who lives in another household came over to give her flowers. Very nice. But I see it could go overboard. A couple next to them were doing it over and over (well, just twice for the short time my sim was there).


Putting the flowers on the kitchen table. I think the date flowers from TS2 looked so much better than this. :(

 
The memory spam is horrible, as expected.  But I like the statistics part. The biography part looks better this way too.

But of course I can't play long without Awesome Mod (the test version for GEN is here). Without AM I can't even test easily. What, the sims have to sleep and pee and eat first before I can take them to the park? And way too many buttons to click to do one thing.


With a quick "maxmotives", the father took the two children to the default playground. First thing he did getting out of the car was to yell at the boy. What did he do? Very intriguing. Can't wait to play that scenario in my Twinbrook Redux.


WHAAAAAAT? The minute the toddler was put down on the ground, she was teleported back to the house! Errrrrrrrrg. She can't play in the sandbox either, which I already knew.


A nice simulation of a carousel, hehe.

Everybody gets a high school diploma. I hope they won't in Twinbrook Redux, where there's no school.


Another reason to set the elder stage way later in life. That reminded me to test my old aging mod.


It seems to be working, *Big Smile*.

On that note, I'll test more mods now, and the gameplay in Twinbrook Redux. But of course the save will be discarded.

2 comments:

  1. So, when are we going to get a new post? Can't wait to see your real hood with Generations.

    I had to take out the Sims walk everywhere mod, because you can't use strollers, I guess it's labelled as a vehicle and the mod makes them walk instead of using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! I'm not ready to take out Sims Must Walk yet, although I might just take it out on a temporary save and see strollers in action. It must be really cute.

    Well, I've been waiting for mods updates and testing. Global online banking was finally updated and functioning. I still have problem with Twallan's story progression preventing sims autonomously "dig through" junk piles to collect scraps. I tested with clean game folder and no other mods, and it's clear to me it's the SP, but Twallan says it works in his game. So I'm pulling my hair out. I really need it for recurring money transfer to pay employee wages and collect taxes, and to keep my "tax man" out of story progression. Right now, I just started a new Twinbrook Redux with Awesome SP to see how it goes.

    I also heard the old aging mods are not quite working with the new age sliders.

    I'm also waiting for your mod to adjust the salad pricing. But don't worry, I have more kinks to work out before I can let my neighborhood come to life.

    ReplyDelete